Unit 4: Hubris and Nemesis
- Do some research and explain a tragic historical figure. Explain what lead to their hubris and nemesis.
- Do some research and explain a tragic event in history that was caused by someone’s hubris and explain the nemesis.
- Do some research and explain how a company’s hubris lead to its downfall–its nemesis.
- This essay fits a cause /effect theme, with the hubris often being the cause of some tragic event and the nemesis is the effect. The essay should be organized by causes and effects.
- As usual, this essay should have MLA style citations and be at least 2 pages long.
End of Unit Journal
Answer the following questions in your journal.
- Which of the stories you read was the most impactful? Explain why.
- What do you think was the purpose of these Greek stories of hubris and nemesis?
- How can you use what you have learned about hubris and nemesis in your everyday life?
- Choose one of the critical thinking questions that you found to be the most interesting to expand upon in your journal.
- Write a diary entry in the perspective of one of the characters. What would their daily life be like? What is their personality?