Want to create or adapt books like this? Learn more about how Pressbooks supports open publishing practices.
Book Contents Navigation
About the Book
1. Introducing Small Group Communication
2. Understanding Group Formation
3. Identifying Group Roles
4. Establishing and Maintaining Group Norms
5. Working in Diverse Teams
6. Negotiating Power in Groups
7. Cultivating a Supportive Group Climate
8. Navigating Group Conflict
9. Confronting and Preventing Social Loafing
10. Making Decisions in Groups
11. Engaging in Group Problem-Solving
12. Identifying Leaders
13. Leading in Groups
14. Facilitating Group Meetings
15. Enhancing Creativity in Groups
16. Presenting as a Group
Appendix A - Professional Communication
Appendix B - Citing Sources in APA Style
This section introduces the basics of small group communication, including key definitions and theories.
Small Group Communication by Jasmine R. Linabary, Ph.D. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.