At the end of the module, students will be able to:
- describe the process of exploration, contact, and colonization of Spanish explorers in the Americas.
- explain Manifest Destiny and the American acquisition of land through war and conflict.
- explore the role of Latinx peoples in America during WWII and after.
- describe the contributions of progress of Latinx Americans during the civil rights era
- explore the issues of the late 20th and early 21st century and how they have impacted Latinx Americans
California Gold Rush
Colonial Caste System
Hart-Cellar Act of 1965
Hernandez v. Texas
League of United Latin American Citizens
Mendez v. Westminster
Mexican American War
Mulatto Operation Wetback
Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo
Zoot Suit Riots