Chapter 6: Measuring Human Development
In this assignment, you will explore factors that define levels of development. You will also explore the spatial patterns of the Human Development Index (HDI) to identify regional patterns and causal factors in the data. Finally, you will investigate how connections are made across the Earth, focusing on advancements in transportation and technology.
- Analyze and use development statistics to identify and explain correlations between development and demographics, (e.g. fertility rates, mortality rates, and more.)
- Distinguish between more developed, less developed, and newly industrializing countries.
- Identify characteristics used to determine a country’s level of development.
- Explain the significant geographical concepts underlying the geographic perspective.
- Explain how globalization influences cultural interactions and change.