Chapter 3: Migration
In this assignment, we will explore the path of human migration from Africa to the far reaches of the globe. Next, we will explore the geographic similarities and differences of the locations of the early river valley civilizations. Finally, we will also evaluate migration at the global, regional, and local scales.
- Describe genetic factors, such as blood type or a simplified version of genetic markers, to explain where human characteristics originated.
- Compare and contrast geographic characteristics of early river valley civilizations.
- Identify the factors that contribute to the habitation of early river valley civilizations.
- Identify and cite the reasons why some regions of the world experience high and low net migration.
- Analyze the relationship between Lampedusa, Italy’s relative location as it relates to refugee migration.
- Analyze the current civil war and migration crisis in Syria.